State Planning Resources
Published WIOA State Plans (Updated December 14, 2018)
Under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), States and Territories submit a Unified or Combined State Plan to the U.S. Department of Labor that outlines a four-year strategy for the State's workforce development system. In the spring of 2018, States and Territories submitted the required two-year modification to their four-year WIOA State Plans for Federal review and approval.
The Departments of Labor, Education, Health and Human Services, Housing and Urban Development, and Agriculture, whose programs are included in the State Plan, are pleased to announce that the public and stakeholders may view, download, and search the approved WIOA State Plans for the period July 1, 2018, through June 30, 2020. As the Departments approve additional WIOA State Plans, these will also be available at this site. In addition, the WIOA State Plans, covering the period July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2020, remain available.
The Departments look forward to continuing to partner with States and Territories to implement the workforce development system as envisioned by WIOA.
Planning Requirements and Guidance (Updated January 2018)
These documents provided both background and guidance to the States on the preparation and updating of the Unified or Combined State Plan.
- Requirements for WIOA Unified and Combined State Plans (Approved Office of Management and Budget Information Collection (OMB 1205-0522) (January 2018)
- Training and Employment Guidance Letter 06-17: Modification Requirements for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Unified and Combined State Plans
- Access to Currently Approved State WIOA Strategic Plans
2016 State WIOA Planning Requirements
- U.S. Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration Training and Employment Guidance Letter 14-15 "Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Requirements for Unified and Combined State Plans" (March 2016)
- U.S. Department of Education's Office of Career, Technical and Adult Education & Rehabilitation Services Administration WIOA Requirements for Unified and Combined State Plans to Cognizant Agencies
- Departments of Labor and Education Supporting Statement for Strategic Plan Data Collection to OMB
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Waivers
The WIOA Waivers Request webpage provides background, legal and regulatory context, and documentation requirements to guide the submission of waiver requests. The page also provides a table with hypertext links to waiver disposition letters from the Employment and Training Administration.