What's New in Workforce Investment?
Events from this month
- February 10, 2016 SSA Publishes Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking. Solicits Public Input by April 11 on Revision of Rulemaking for the "Ticket to Work" Program
- February 9, 2016 White House Releases Cybersecurity National Action Plan
- February 9, 2016 Department of Labor FY 2017 Budget
- February 9, 2016 ETA Publishes Sixty-Day Notice for Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Management Information and Reporting System; Extension Request Modifies Supporting Statement to Update Burden Estimate and Removes Outdated Language
- February 9, 2016 National Advisory Council on Innovation & Entrepreneurship to Meet on February 18
- February 8, 2016 NAWDP to Hold 2016 Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida (May 24 - 26, 2016)
- February 8, 2016 Workforce System Strategies: Compilation of Resources on the Important Mentoring Relationship
- February 8, 2016 Commerce Department Announces $10 Million in Grants to Spur Capacity Building and Access to Capital for Innovators and Entrepreneurs
- February 4, 2016 Department of Labor Announces "Summer Jobs and Beyond: Career Pathways for Youth Demonstration Grants"; Initiative to Provide Resources to Local Workforce Development Boards
- February 4, 2016 Fact Sheet: President Obama Proposes New "First Job" Funding to Connect Young Americans with Jobs and Skills Training to Start Their Careers
- February 4, 2016 Broadband and the "Connect Home Initiative": HUD and Google Fiber Announce First Public Housing Units
- February 3, 2016 SBA Publishes Proposed Rule on New Class of Small Business Investment Companies; Seeks Comments by March 4 on Creation of "Impact SBICs"
- February 3, 2016 Department of Labor Publishes New Closing Date (February11) for Forwarding of Comments to OMB on the Institutional Analysis of Job Centers
- February 2, 2016 National Fund for Workforce Solutions Releases New Report Presenting System Change Efforts by Collaboratives to Improve Workforce System Development and Practices
- February 2, 2016 Department of Education Announces Funding Opportunity under the "Educational Opportunity Centers Program"
- February 2, 2016 ETA Seeks Three Year Clearance of the Trade Activity Participant Report; Requests Comments by April 4