Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
President Barack Obama signed the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) into law on July 22, 2014. WIOA is designed to help job seekers access employment, education, training, and support services to succeed in the labor market and to match employers with the skilled workers they need to compete in the global economy. For more information, click here.
Laws and Regulations
The Carl D. Perkins Vocational - Technical Education Amendments. An Act to amend the Carl D. Perkins Vocational & Technical Education Act.
On August 14, 2006, the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act (S. 250) conference report was signed into law by President Bush. To provide special rules for disaster relief employment under the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 for individuals displaced by Hurricane Katrina
Public Law 104-193
The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996. The massive tax-cutting bill recently signed into law in June by President Bush contains a number of items of interest to community colleges and their students.
Public Law 103-239
The School-to-Work Opportunities Act of 1994.H.R.1160: To reauthorize the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families block grant program through June 30, 2005, and for other purposes. Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 109-4 [GPO: Text]
Public Law 105-244 The Higher Education Act Amendments of 1998. An Act to extend the authorization of programs under the Higher Education Act of 1965, and for other purposes.
- [H.R.609.PCS] The College Access and Opportunity Act of 2006. Latest Action: (Placed on Calendar in Senate)
- S.1614 A bill to extend the authorization of programs under the Higher Education Act of 1965, and for other purposes.
- A Compilation of Federal Education Laws, The Higher Education Act, U.S. House Committee on Education and the Workforce.
September 17, 2015
TEN 10-15: Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Technical Amendments Act
WIA Law, Regulations, ARRA, Qs & As
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act is an unprecedented effort to jumpstart our economy, create or save millions of jobs, and put a down payment on addressing long-neglected challenges so our country can thrive in the 21st century.
Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
- Section 136: Performance Accountability System
- Section 185: Reports, Recordkeeping, Investigations
- Section 189: Administrative Provisions
- Section 503: Incentive Grants
- Part 666 Performance Accountability Under Title I of the Workforce Investment Act
- Part 666.240 (Subpart B--Incentives and Sanctions for State Performance) Under what circumstances may a sanction be applied to a State that fails to achieve negotiated levels of performance for title I?
- Part 667.300 (Subpart C - Reporting Requirements) What are the reporting requirements for Workforce Investment Act programs?
Promotion of Labor Standards for Apprenticeship and more.Government Performance and Results Act:
Improve the confidence of the American people in the capability of the Federal Government, by systematically holding Federal agencies accountable for achieving program results and much, much more.
- GPRA Information
- GPRA: Memorandum OMB-96-22: Implementation of the Government Performance and Results Act of 1993
The purpose of this act is to minimize paperwork, ensure public benefit, improve Government programs, improve the quality and use of Federal information to strengthen decision making, accountability, and openness in Government and society; and much, much more.Paperwork Reduction Act Information ETA Collection Requests Wagner-Peyser Act, (Sections 10, 13, 15)
An ACT to provide for the establishment of a national employment system, for cooperation with the States in the promotion of such system, and for other purposes.Older Americans Act (Section 503)
An Act to foster and promote useful part-time opportunities in community service activities for unemployed low income persons who are 55 years or older and who have poor employment prospects.
- Interim Final Rule
establishes new performance accountability measures for the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) due to the 2006 Amendments to Title V of the Older Americans Act.
- New Regulations to Implement the 2000 Amendments to Title V of the Americans Act
- Older Americans Act Amendments of 2000
American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000 (AC-21 and 29 CFR 95.51)
Temporary increase in VISA allotments and other provisions.Jobs for Veterans Act (Sections 4112 and 4215(d))
Priority of service for veterans in Department of Labor Job Training Programs.Indian Employment, Training and Related Services Demonstration Act of 1992
To authorize the integration of employment, training, and related services provided by Indian tribal governments.TRADE ACT LAWS/Regulations
United States Code, Title 19, Sections 2271 - 2331 (Format: MS Word, PDF)
Congressional Statement of Purpose, "The purposes of this chapter are... to provide adequate procedures to safeguard American industry and labor against unfair or injurious import competition, and to assist industries, firms, workers, and communities to adjust to changes in international trade flows" 19 U.S.C. 2102
Purpose, "The [Trade Act of 1974] created a program to assist individuals, who became unemployed as a result of increased imports, return to suitable employment. The [Trade Adjustment Assistance] program provides for reemployment services and allowances for eligible individuals. The regulations in the part 617 are issued to implement the Act." 20 CFR 617.2