Revised ETA-9130 Forms and Instructions were made available for public comment, as required by the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA), in a 60-day Federal Register Notice published at 80 FR 46337 from August 04, 2015 - October 5, 2015 and a 30-day notice published at 80 FR 80815 from December 28, 2015 - January 27, 2016. The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has approved the revised ETA-9130 on April 13, 2016 (OMB Control No. 1205-0461), extending its expiration date through April 30, 2019. Additional guidance regarding transition and implementation of the new ETA-9130 form is forthcoming.
ETA-9130 Financial Reporting System
ETA awards approximately $8 billion in formula and discretionary grants each year to an average of 1,000 recipients. Financial reports for each of these grants must be submitted quarterly on the ETA-9130 Financial Report through the e-Grants Federal Reporting System, an online ETA-9130 reporting system for recipients to enter and certify quarterly financial data. The ETA-9130 reporting instructions are the primary sources for detailed instructions to complete and submit financial reports. The appropriate program rules, regulations, and terms and conditions of the grant award may also contain specific reporting guidelines, additionally to the resources listed below.
The Financial Reporting Access Request Document is used to designate access to the on-line e-Grants Federal Reporting System to file ETA-9130 Financial Reports.
ETA-1930 Forms and Instructions
There are different variations of form ETA-9130, each pertaining to a specific program/funding stream. The instructions for the various ETA-9130 forms are not identical. Please ensure that you are using the correct ETA-9130 form and instructions.
Discretionary grants and any other grants not specifically listed below use the ETA-9130 Basic.
If your grant is through one of the specified DOL/ETA programs outlined below, please use the ETA-9130 unique to your program/fund stream.
- ETA-9130 (A) - WIOA Statewide Youth
- ETA-9130 (B) - WIOA Local Youth
- ETA-9130 (C) - WIOA Statewide Adult
- ETA-9130 (D) - WIOA Local Adult
- ETA-9130 (E) - WIOA Statewide Dislocated Worker
- ETA-9130 (F) - WIOA Local Dislocated Worker
- ETA-9130 (G) - National Dislocated Worker Grants
- ETA-9130 (H) - Statewide Rapid Response
- ETA-9130 (I) - Employment Services & Unemployment Insurance
- ETA-9130 (J) - National Farmworker Jobs Program
- ETA-9130 (K) - Senior Community Service Employment Program
- ETA-9130 (L) - Indian and Native American Program
- ETA-9130 (M) - Trade Adjustment Assistance Program
- TEGL 28-10: Federal Financial Management and Reporting Definitions
- TEGL 13-12: ETA-9130 Quarterly U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Employment and Training Administration Financial Report Instructions
- DOL/ETA Uniform Administrative Requirements replacing OMB-Circulars General Overview
- TEGL 15-14: ETA Implementation of New Uniform Guidance
ACCESS the ETA Financial Reporting System
ETA RECIPIENT Financial Reporting System - This system is used to submit the required quarterly financial reports, and can only be accessed by the designated individual.
AUDIT REQUIREMENT REMINDER!
The standards set forth in Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards: 2 CFR Section C: Subpart F 200.501: Audit Requirements (OMB Circular No. A-133, subpart B.200 - Audit Requirements applies to monies awarded prior to 26 December, 2014), mandate that:
Non-Federal entities shall have a single audit conducted for that year if expending:
- $500,000 or more in a year in Federal award/s (if awarded prior to 26 December 2014)
- $750,000 or more in a year in Federal award/s (if awarded after 26 December 2014)
Additionally, the submission of that audit report must take place within either:
- 30 days after its receipt
- nine months after the end of the audit period
whichever option of the above two is earlier*
* Unless a longer period is agreed to in advance by the cognizant agency (ex: your fiscal year ends on June 30, the report must be submitted to the Clearinghouse by March 30, of the next year)