The Corporation for a Skilled Workforce and four committed Illinois partners -- workforce boards in Northern Cook County, Chicago, Central Illinois and Crossroads -- have produced "Benchmarking One-Stop Centers: Understanding Keys to Success." The study is organized in terms of critical factors for One-Stop success - for serving employers, for serving jobseekers and for design and management.
The study team visited 20 Centers in 12 workforce areas within seven States.
The "Services to Employers" chapter - which draws heavily on the perspectives and insights of private sector representatives - contains:
- Defining Critical Success Factors for Employer Services
- Potential Critical Success Factors and Indicators Used to Organize the Study
- Business Services Approaches
- Key Design Considerations
- Choices: Who Operates Business Services?
- Choices: The Pros and Cons of Fee for Service
- Choices: Managing Employer Services With Account Representatives and Contact Management Systems
- Measures of Success
- Reframing the Critical Success Factors
- Services to Employers -- Site Summary
The authors believes the study "sets the stage for answering the crucial question of how best to measure One-Stop Centers and systems rather than programs." The full report can be downloaded from the Corporation for a Skilled Workforce's website. The report is also available through the Promising Practices website.