For a general overview on WIA reporting, please see the WIA Reporting flowchart.
REPORTING AND DATA VALIDATION GUIDANCE
- TEGL 6-14 - Program Year (PY) 2013/Fiscal Year (FY) 2014 Data Validation and Performance Reporting Requirements and Associated Timelines
- Data Validation Source Documentation
- TEN 13-13 - Accounting for and Reporting Co-Enrollment under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) and Wagner-Peyser Programs. This Training and Employment Notice (TEN) serves as a reminder to states of the importance of ensuring that duplication of services is not occurring as a result of co-enrolling participants in the WIA and Wagner-Peyser programs.
- TEN 4-13 - Program Year (PY) 2012/Fiscal Year 2013 Performance Reporting and Data Validation Timelines
- TEGL 29-11 - Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Program Year (PY) 2011 Annual Report Narrative
See the archived program year reporting and data validation guidance.
QUARTERLY REPORT INSTRUCTIONS AND FORM
Each state must submit an ETA Form9090 (WIA Quarterly Report) to provide DOL with the most recent performance information available. The aggregate performance data contained in this WIA Quarterly Report are used to determine the levels of participation and program accomplishments for the most recent quarter and four- quarter period.Program Reporting Handbook
- WIA Quarterly Reporting Handbook (expires 5/31/2015)
Please see the WIA Quarterly Reporting Timeframes for quarterly reporting date ranges.
ANNUAL REPORT INSTRUCTIONS AND FORM
Each state that receives an allotment under WIA Section 127 (youth activities) or Section 132 (adult and dislocated worker activities) must prepare and submit an ETA Form 9091 (WIA Annual Report) to the Secretary in accordance with WIA sections 136(d)(1) and 185(d).
THE WIA ANNUAL REPORT IS DUE TO ETA NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 1ST FOLLOWING THE END OF EACH PROGRAM YEAR.Program Reporting Handbook
- WIA Annual Report Handbook (expires 5/31/2015)
WORKFORCE INVESTMENT ACT STANDARDIZED RECORD DATA (WIASRD)
WIASRD is a collection of individual participant records, each of which contains information about a participant's characteristics, activities, and outcomes. These standardized records are maintained by state workforce investment agencies for all individuals who receive services or benefits from programs funded by WIA Title IB, including services financially assisted by National Emergency Grants.
ELECTRONIC WIASRD FILES ARE DUE TO ETA NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 15TH FOLLOWING THE END OF EACH PROGRAM YEARWIASRD Reporting Handbook
- WIASRD Reporting Instructions and Specifications
- WIASRD Layout (version 23)
The WIASRD layout is separated into three distinct sections:
- Section I - Individual Information: This section contains individual-record data on the participant's gender, date of birth, disability status, ethnicity, race, veteran's status, employment status, education level, income status, and barriers to employment.
- Section II - Program Activities and Services Information: This section contains individual-record data on the local board or state program that determined eligibility, the types of programs in which the participant was enrolled, the date the participant exited the program, and the types of services the individual received.
- Section III - Program Outcomes Information: This section contains individual-record data on the participant's employment and job retention; it includes occupational codes, notes whether employment was training-related or non-traditional, and records credentials and skill attainments.
- WIASRD Layout (version 23)
- WIASRD Tutorial
- WIASRD User Guide - this link connects to a Zip file containing the following resources:
- The User's Guide for submitting annual report data to ETA through EBSS;
- A list of edit checks built into EBSS for Tables A through O;
- An Excel template of Tables A through O, including the cell numbering scheme;
- Excel files to help convert annual report data into text format;
- Example text formats for Tables A through O; and
- A list of the Local Areas in each state as found in the drop-down menu for submitting Table O. States should note that data submissions must match this list. If the list does not match the state's list, for assistance please send an email to WIA.AR@dol.gov with the subject line "Table O."
States are reminded that Tables A through O must be successfully saved before final edit checks are run and the data can be certified by the state PIN.
- WIASRD Reporting Presentation (2001)
- TEGL 14-03 - Performance Reporting Submission Procedures for the Workforce Investment Act Standardized Record Data (WIASRD) and the Annual Report under Title 1B of the Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
- TEGL 14-03, Change 1 - Performance Reporting Submission Procedures for the Workforce Investment Act Standardized Record Data (WIASRD), the Annual Report, and the Quarterly Reports under Title IB of the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) for Program Year (PY) 2003 and 2004
- TEGL 7-01 - Performance Reporting Submission Procedures for the Workforce Investment Act Standardized Record Data (WIASRD) and the Annual Report under Title 1B of the Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
OTHER WIA-RELATED PERFORMANCE REPORTING ADVISORIES
- TEGL 06-14 - Program Year (PY) 2013/Fiscal Year (FY) 2014 Data Validation and Performance Reporting Requirements and Associated Timelines
- TEGL 04-13 - Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Performance Reporting System
- TEN 49-11 - ETA announces guidance to reinforce the importance of accurate state and grantee reporting on attainment of industry recognized credentials
- TEGL 28-11 - Program Year 2011/Fiscal Year 2012 Performance Reporting and Data Validation Timelines informs and reminds the workforce investment system of the performance reporting requirements and associated timelines for submitting reports
- TEGL 28-11, Change 1 - Update to Program Year (PY) 2011/Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 Performance Reporting and Data Validation Timelines
- TEN 08-10 - Workforce Investment Act Self-Service Participant Reporting - What, Where, and How
- TEGL 17-09 - Quarterly Submission of Workforce Investment Act Standardized Record Data (WIASRD)
- TEN 05-05 - Workforce Investment Act(WIA) Reporting
- TEGL 14-00 - Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Performance Reporting System
For More Advisories, click here