- Provide program direction and policy development for WIA, Wagner-Peyser, and targeted adult programs
- Provide policy guidance and direction to the workforce system on issues related to workforce preparation and talent development investments, including Eligible Training Provider issues
- Develop and implement innovative, dual customer workforce development models.
- Promote the development and implementation of innovative workforce education strategies for occupations in high-growth/high-demand industries
- Promote the development and implementation of innovative workforce education strategies that enable low-skilled adults to embark on career pathways and earn family sustaining wages.
- Provide guidance to the workforce system on integrated solutions-based service delivery strategies for skills assessment, career guidance strategies, business engagement, approaches to leveraging resources, etc.
- Provide program direction and policy development for the Senior Community Service and Employment, Navigator, Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker 167 grants, and Indian and Native American Programs
- Promote development of innovative, integrated, and demand-driven workforce solutions for targeted populations
- Provide ETA-wide coordination on issues related to special populations
- Manage grant solicitations
- Select grant management
- Support, coordination, and T/A for Regional FPOs and grantees
- Oversee performance management for all adult programs including direction and technical assistance on monitoring performance and developing performance improvement strategies
- Work collaboratively with PROTECH on program reporting requirements and common performance measurement
- Coordinate development of performance budget proposals for all adult programs
- Provide administrative support to the entire division: reception; correspondence management; finalize program directives; OMB packages; Federal Register notices; travel management; procurement; special data base management; supplies management; maintenance of division files; and Web site management