- 7 states receive $20.7 million in Disability Employment Initiative funding from US Labor Department for education, training, employment projects
- Programs that Improve the Lives of People with Disabilities Disability Program Navigator Final Report
- Disability Nondiscrimination Law Advisor
- mySkills myFuture
- My Next Move: New Online Tool to Help Chart Pathways to Careers
Welcome to the Employment & Training Administration's Disabilities Program home page, Disability Online. The Disabilities Program develops and implements workforce disability policy and program initiatives to address structural, programmatic, and systemic employment challenges of persons with disabilities and multiple challenges to employment (including persons who are older, disabled veterans, homeless, ex-offenders, receiving TANF benefits, disconnected and disadvantaged, etc.). It provides technical assistance to the public workforce system on how to expand the capacity of the workforce system to serve persons with disabilities. ETA administers the Disability Employment Initiative (DEI) to improve the education, training, and employment opportunities and outcomes of persons with disabilities who are unemployed, underemployed, and/or receiving Social Security disability benefits. For additional information on the Disability Program Navigator initiative, other promising practices to promote the employment of persons with disabilities, and on the DEI, visit: https://disability.workforce3one.org.
Grant ProgramsConnecting the Pieces of the Employment Puzzle
A Workforce3One.org Community
Navigating the services and resources available for assisting people with disabilities to obtain quality employment is like fitting together the pieces of a puzzle. America cannot successfully compete in a global economy without fully engaging the 33 million working-age people with disabilities in our workforce. As we meet our goal of "Good Jobs for Everyone," the public workforce system needs to expand its capacity to provide integrated, seamless, and accessible services and programs to people with disabilities and/or other challenges to employment. To achieve this goal and building upon lessons learned from the Employment and Training Administration's Disability Program Navigator (DPN) initiative, the workforce system is collaborating with a wide range of partners to help people with disabilities obtain meaningful and effective employment opportunities.
- The Workforce System: Expanding Economic Self-Sufficiency for People with Disabilities
- Disability Program Navigators: Making Employment Connections for Job Seekers with Disabilities - Portland
- Quality employment for disabled veterans
- Making Employment Connections for Youth with Disabilities