Eligible New Hires
A veteran who is:
- A member of a family that received SNAP benefits (food stamps) for at least a 3-month period during the 15-month period ending on the hiring date.
- Entitled to compensation for a service-connected disability:
- Hired within 1 year of discharge or release from active duty
- Unemployed at least 6 months in the year ending on the hiring date
- At least 4 weeks in the year ending on the hiring date
- At least 6 months in the year ending on the hiring date
Please note that to be considered a veteran eligible for WOTC, an individual must meet these two standards:
- Have served on active duty (not including training) in the U.S. Armed Forces for more than 180 days or have been discharged or released from active duty for a service-connected disability
- Not have a period of active duty (not including training) of more than 90 days that ended during the 60-day period ending on the hiring date
Long-term Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Recipient:
A member of a family that meets one of the following circumstances:
- Received TANF benefits for at least 18 consecutive months ending on the hiring date.
- Received TANF benefits for at least 18 consecutive or non-consecutive months after August 5, 1997, and has a hiring date that is not more than 2 years after the end of the earliest 18-month period after August 5, 1997.
- Stopped being eligible for TANF payments during the past 2 years because a Federal or state law limited the maximum time those payments could be made.
Short-term TANF Recipient:
- A member of a family that received TANF benefits for any 9-month period during the 18-month period ending on the hiring date.
SNAP (food stamp) Recipient:
- An 18-39 year old member of a family that received Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits for the 6 months ending of the hiring date or received SNAP benefits for at least 3 of the 5 months ending on the hiring date.
Designated Community Resident:
- An 18-39 year old who lives within one of the federally designated Rural Renewal Counties or Empowerment Zones.
Vocational Rehabilitation Referral:
- An individual with a disability who completed or is completing rehabilitative services from a state-certified agency, an Employment Network under the Ticket to Work program, or the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.
- An individual who has been convicted of a felony and has a hiring date that is not more than 1 year after the conviction or release from prison.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipient:
- A recipient of SSI benefits for any month ending during the past 60-day period ending on the hire date.
Summer Youth Employee
- A 16 or 17 year-old youth who works for the employer between May 1 and September 15 and lives in an Empowerment Zone.