WIA Adult, Youth, Dislocated Worker, Wagner-Peyser Employment Services, Agricultural Outreach and other ETA Programs
The Workforce Investment Act requires joint planning for many programs. The following information on planning program performance outcomes includes the law and policy guidance for WIA Dislocated Worker, Adult and Youth as well as Wagner-Peyser. In addition, WIA covers the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) and the Agriculture Outreach Program (AOP). For other ETA programs, click on individual program planning.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, WIOA, will be affective on July 1, 2015; guidance on planning performance for WIOA will be forthcoming (See other WIOA effective dates).
WIA provides employment and training services at three broad service levels to job seekers: core, intensive and training. These services are provided at a level which most efficiently meets their needs to achieve gainful employment. The program is also designed to assist employers meet their needs for skilled workers.
- Laws and Regulations
Pub. L. 105-220: Workforce Investment Act of 1998
Federal Register Publications
- 65 FR 49294: Workforce Investment Act, Final Rules
PRA Package Information (OMB No. 1205-0420)
The collection of information on performance outcomes is accomplished through reporting requirements for each WIA program.
- Notice of OMB Action - ETA Form 9090 and ETA Form 9091 collection (expires 5/31/2016)
Wagner-Peyser ES is an integral part of the American Job Center network delivery system, which provides universal access to workers, job seekers, and businesses. ES focuses on providing a variety of employment related services including but not limited to job search assistance, job referral, and placement assistance for job seekers, re-employment services to unemployment insurance claimants, and recruitment services to employers with job openings. Services are provided in one of three modes of delivery approaches: self-service, facilitated self-help service, and staff-assisted service.
- Laws and Regulations
29 U.S.C 49: United States Employment Services Established
- PRA Package Information (OMB No. 1205-0240)
The collection of information on performance outcomes is accomplished through reporting requirements for ES.
- Notice of OMB Action - ETA Form 9002 (A, B, C, D, E, F) and ETA Form 200 (A, B, C) collections (expires 8/31/2015)
Agricultural Outreach Plan (AOP)
TEGL 13-13: Instructions and Planning Guidance for the Agricultural Outreach Plans (AOP) for Program Year (PY) 2014; the Designation of Significant Migrant and Seasonal Farm Worker (MSFW) States; and the Designation of Significant MSFW and Bilingual Local Offices
USDOL Strategic Planning
The DOL Strategic Plan is the foundation for DOL's planning and budgeting activities. DOL's strategic goal framework is comprised of five strategic goals: 1) Prepare workers for better jobs, 2) Improve workplace safety and health, 3) Promote fair and high-quality work environments, 4) Secure retirement, health, and other employee benefits and, for those not working, provide income security, and 5) Produce timely and accurate data on the economic conditions of workers and their families.
Performance Planning Guidance for State's Strategic Planning
- Workforce Information Strategic Planning Resources
- TEGL 33-11 - Annual Program Guidance for the Program Year 2012 Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Adult, Dislocated Worker, and Wagner-Peyser programs
- TEGL 13-13 - Instructions and Planning Guidance for the Agricultural Outreach Plans (AOP) for Program Year (PY) 2014; the Designation of Significant Migrant and Seasonal Farm Worker (MSFW) States; and the Designation of Significant MSFW and Bilingual Local Offices
Please see the Wagner-Peyser website for additional program performance planning information.
WIA/W-P Performance Negotiations
Under WIA, states submitting a State Plan under Title I, subtitle B must propose expected levels of performance for each of the 17 indicators of performance consisting of the adult, dislocated worker and youth programs respectively and the two customer satisfaction indicators unless they have a waiver for the 15 common measures. Please see the link below to visit the state negotiations webpage.
Other Planning Resources
- Women's Participation in Education and the Workforce
- BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Business and Industry Resources
- Business Dynamics Statistics
- Business Solutions; Partners of The American Job Center Network
- Career Pathways
- Cluster Mapping
- ETA Publications and Research
- Job Retention
- Managing for Results - A GAO report which addresses barriers to interagency coordination.
- Today's High Growth Industries
TEGL 18-13 - Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Adult, Dislocated Worker and Youth Activities Program Allotments for Program Year (PY) 2014; Final PY 2014 Allotments for the Wagner-Peyser Act Employment Service (ES) Program Allotments; and Workforce Information Grants to States Allotments for PY 2014.
Please select a program below for guidance and information on performance planning.
- Adult Programs
- Youth Programs
- Trade Adjustment Assistance
- Indian and Native American Program
- National Emergency Grant
- Unemployment Insurance
- Foreign Labor Certification Programs
- H-1B and PERM
- H-2A and H-2B
- Reintegration of Ex-Offenders
- Registered Apprenticeship
- ETA Initiatives