Veterans in Apprenticeship
Find and Apply
There are several ways to find and apply for apprenticeships occupations and careers. Follow these instructions to begin your future career:
Option 1: Find specific apprenticeships through My Next Move
- Go to My Next Move's Veterans page
- Search for an occupation in the "Search Careers with Keywords" section. (Wondering what apprenticeable occupations we offer? Here's a comprehensive list.)
- Choose an occupation that has the icon
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Under "Education", click the icon
- Choose your state, than click "Find Apprenticeships."
Option 2: Find all available apprenticeships through Veteran's Affairs
- Go to the GI Bill website
- Leave the "Institution name" search box blank, but set the "Program Type" dropdown to "On-the-Job-Training/Apprenticeship"
- Click the state of your choice on the map
- Choose an institution from the returned list to view name, address, and contact information
- To see what types of apprenticeships this institution offers, click "Programs" (image below)
- Under "Program Types", click "On-the-Job-Training/Apprenticeship" to view that institution's apprenticeable occupations.
Option 3: Talk to a State Apprenticeship Representative
- Go to our State Contact Page
- Choose your state
- Call the number listed and ask for information about veterans' opportunities for registered apprenticeships.
Option 4: Search "apprentice" on your Favorite Job Website
- Many job Websites advertise apprenticeships, where career opportunities are available.
- Go to your favorite job search Website, such as: www.monster.com, www.careerbuilder.com, www.careeronestop.com, or www.nrd.gov/jobSearch/index.
- Use the search function of your favorite job website by entering the keyword "apprentice". You can refine your search by your targeted location.